Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tanning My Face???

I don't want to go to a tanning bed because it drys out your skin and I use tanning lotion on my body but, sometimes it doesn't go on even. Is there anyway I can tan my face?
Tanning My Face???
have you tried the new face moisturizers that are tinted with self tanner? It's not anything like self tanning lotion that you're used to. It takes a while to see a difference in color, but it does not leave funky lines or an orange coor on your face. It gradually tans you. Oil of Olay has one out that is good
Tanning My Face???
Instead of actually going through the motions of tanning your face, use a bronzer or blush so that you don't cause premature wrinkles and aging. Your face should be protected when you go to the tanning beds and if you're out in the sun.


Apply blush/bronzer on your cheeks, slightly down your nose, across your forhead (use soft strokes to make it look natural and blend in with your skin color or foundation). Then apply on each side of your jaw lines. No need to do the middle. You can also brush some slighlty on cleavage to enhance, but most importantly to show a more natural tan. Hope this helps.
Reply:Try the Just For Faces daily moisturizers/tanners by the same companies that make the ones you use on your body - they work the same way, and won't cause streaking.


You just have to be really careful and make sure you apply it PAST your jaw bone, down your neck, and apply it as close to your ears and hair line as possible so you don't have a visible line.


Also - if you have sensitive or break out prone skin, I would make sure to get one that boasts being noncomedogenic (doesn't clog pores).





FYI: Tanning beds only dry out your skin if you don't use the proper lotions and moisturizers when you tan. I go in a tanning bed because otherwise I burn in the sun, my skin isn't dry, I'm not orange, etc. If you're proactive about your skin care and you tan smart and don't burn, it's really not the devil everyone thinks it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment